View Single Post
      03-19-2015, 09:00 PM   #40
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
I traded cars with my friend for a week. He has a 550xi. His trunk lid was much larger/heavier. Still I tried to close it every time with my hand (I guess something I learned how to do and have been doing since I was 16). That really ticked off the system and the trunk would close about 3" and then freeze. Pressing the button then re-opened it?

Long story short - I was thrilled to get back into my 6-series where I could just close the trunk (seriously, that's not a trunk, it is a small shelf) with a quick pull. No waiting, no fuss.

That mystery button however will lock the doors, which is nice, click that, close the trunk with your hand and walk away.

Count me in with the 3 people who think it is just fine the way it is. Oh and the soft close doors are worthless as well on this car.
Honestly think you trained yourself with the 6 & other cars to shut it by hand. If you simply pressed the trunk button on the 550 it would power itself closed. Spent some time with a MB E350 and loved the power trunk, worked every time. And why are the soft close worthless? I love 'em. Just push/pull the door gently until it latches and it does the rest. Never have to slam a door again.
Appreciate 0