View Single Post
      06-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #15
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
I was very tempted by the XKR given its looks and exclusivity, but the touch screen nav. and reliability were major problems in my mind. I know that these have nothing to do with the car's driving dynamics, but they were important to me nonetheless. Luckily the 6er still affords me that exclusivity while simultaneously giving me a better reliability history, iDrive and HUD, and still a drop dead gorgeous car. I guess what I'm saying is the Poor Man's Aston Martin was a better car in my mind than in reality. While I tried to check practical concerns at the door when building this $100k car, I could not completely disregard these glaring issues. These are very personal issues, so I can see how some would easily take the XKR over the 6er. If I were older and more willing to deal with potential reliability head aches and didn't care as much about car tech, then I think I would've taken the Jag in a heart beat given the rarity of the Jag badge (compared to the BMW badge that has been slightly diluted by 1s, 3s, 5s, X5s, etc.). No regrets, but I can see why some would pick the XKR - it is a beautiful beast.
Appreciate 0