View Single Post
      02-27-2014, 04:08 PM   #16
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM
So my car must be making some massive power even when stock I hit 545whp and 496wheel Lb/ft on a mustang dyno...On same mustang dyno after BMS Piggyback and 400 miles adaptation I hit 562whp and 524 w lb/ft. I had heard the mustang yields 20-30 lower than dynojet

Ran it on Dynojet with just charcoal filters removed and BMS piggy back and hit 589.31HP and 548.38 wheel torque.. I know its a different car but these claims of 30hp gain from downpipes and 30 from some of these exhaust companies just seems like a sham to me...My car has neither

Remember any dyno can read high or low ( depends on settings ). I had a friend of mine take his car back to the same shop he usually dynos his miata at and it was 20whp more than usual . He and the shop operator then figured out that a tuner who had rented the dyno the day before had changed the calibrations . ( after a tune people want to see high numbers ) A dyno is better for measuring change than giving an absolute indication of power . You just can't compare two different dynos on different days and you certainly can't extrapolate crank hp accurately . You are measuring whp and that's it on a dynojet or mustang . The one exception is a well calibrated MAHA dyno which has proven to accurately measure crank hp and drivetrain loss . That said the OP's car is reading a good 20-30 whp more than other stock non CP S63tu 'a tested on the EAS dyno which makes sense . It also has a fantastic power curve . Unlike the regular M5/6 it actually makes peak power at just past 7k ! That's why it love my CP M6 , you can really feel that increasing pull to redline
Appreciate 0