07-28-2023, 04:34 PM   #19
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Sorry to hear about your engine from RK, I remember a couple years ago when it blew, I never understood when you were rebuilding you didn’t do forged rods pistons, Even if you leave it stock forged is just making it bulletproof. Sorry to say The stock rods and pistons are garbage , the pistons are made from wafers and the rods made out of twizzlers , It’s called the chocolate engine 😂

I remember shortly after your rod bearing issue my engine cracked a piston leaving oil smoke out the exhaust , I had mine rebuilt with forged CP Carillo rods and pistons , DME stage 3 ,Bluetooth JB4 controlling boost and Meth, CPCarillo rods and Pistons ,SSP Spec R clutch , Stage 3 XHP trans tune,Fabworx catless DPs , Full Akra exhaust 872whp/931tq Built by Texas Pure Performance , I’ve had this setup for a couple years now and did hundreds of 150+mph pulls still running very strong , If you do decide to rebuild I feel forged is your best option,
I know it can be disheartening but any platform with these power levels things can happen , I know you really loved your car and I hope and wish you the best to get her all fixed up
Yeah if I could do it over I would have waited a little bit longer. Given all the time I took in researching and making my decision I ended up going with the stock rebuild due to work and life scheduling conflicts.

That said I am definitely getting the engine built it will have forged rods, stock pistons and @rkautowerks upgraded e85 exhaust cams as I already have the F90 HPFP's. Since I am not shooting for a 1k HP car; I am have decided to forego the piston upgrades. I see all the opinion floating around about clutches and can't get myself in that headspace right now on trying to decide a manufacturer for those.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 1
mikerx5466.00