View Single Post
      05-02-2024, 04:40 AM   #15
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugs Meany View Post
Typical example: Left my dog in the car to go into a store and pick up an item waiting for me. No line, no having to pay, as quick as an errand could be. Maybe 2-3 minutes including walk time. Stepped out and saw all my lights blinking.

He's a small dog (18 lb. bichon frise) and I use a car harness to keep him belted in. As far as I know he just lies down with his head on the center armrest. Does any motion at all inside the car set off the alarm?

To be honest I usually don't lock the car if I'm stepping out for a few minutes. The thing is, he's a REALLY cute dog and every now and then I worry "What if?"

There's no 'alarm sensitivity' setting, I imagine, but is there anything I can do? Do you guys have the same problem?

My Chihuahua (RIP) would stand on the window switch trying to peek out the window. Apparently if the car is locked and you hold the switch down long enough it sets off the car alarm, clever of BMW to build that function in. He'd set it off in my F30 and E65 almost every time if we were on road trip and stopped for a quick bathroom or coffee break. Good times.
Appreciate 1