06-29-2015, 04:47 PM   #59
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0shadowkick View Post
BMS Stage 2 n63 tune is a bit more complicated to install than the plug and play stage 1 but I don't think it was installed incorrectly either and doesn't matter (now I know).

I guess time will tell if I get CEL, fingers crossed.
I'm bummed out to hear that you've tried faulers and the bluetooth device with no avail. That's what I heard though; 50% of the time, it works every time.

ECU tune sounds tempting. I mean I love my BMS tune but its inconsistent. I heard that ECU tuning in non-reversible? I mean you can always tune it back to factory/default settings though, right?
Yes, you can change the settings in the file back to default and upload it to the ECU to go back to stock. It's just more of a pain because you need someone to do it for you. If we ever get to the point where it can be done via ODB2 port then we can all do it ourselves with a laptop or handheld programmer -- this would be ideal!

I am with you though in the fact the BMW is a badass box. It's by far the best bang for the buck that I have spent on the car. I just know the ECU tune is safer due to the fact you can control fuel and timing and boost vs. just boost with BMW/DINAN.

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0