View Single Post
      09-19-2016, 02:49 AM   #1
Aussie_Bimmer
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

373M wheel question

Hi All

My GC has the 373M wheels. I purchased the car used from a BMW dealer. When I first got the car, after noticing bad vibrations, BMW replaced two of the rims (one front and one rear) due to them being buckled.
I today went to an independent tyre shop to get another balance done (as slight vibration exists) and interestingly the technician said one of my rims has a different offset than the other three (he said around 15mm?). He also said the rim had a similar part number on the inside but with 15 on the end. All other 3 rims went on the balancer ok but obviously the odd one required a different adapter (sorry not sure if the exact terminology).

I went back to BMW and they will look at on Wednesday. However my question is;

1. Do true OEM wheels have the part stamped on the inside of the rim and if so where? Should they be stamped with 36117843715 for the fronts and 36117843716 for the rear?

2 Is it possible I have purchased a car with replica rims and when BMW replaced two rims one had a wrong offset? Do the 373M style rims come on any other BMW with a different offset?
Appreciate 0