View Single Post
      04-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #27
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lean angle View Post
Your M6 looks amazing! Are you able to get PSS runflats in 305 or just standard PSS? I'm thinking about getting an M6 and my first upgrade will be wheels/tires (20x11 rears). I want to get more rubber on the road with 305 rears, but wasn't sure what the all the tire options were.

I noticed you also have an Audi R8, can you give me a quick comparison? I currently have a 2011 R8 V10 with Akrapovic exhaust that I'll be selling to make room for the M6. I'm not really expecting the M6 to match the R8's driving experience, but since I'm unable to test drive one (currently deployed) I'm curious as to how big of a difference there is as far as handling is concerned.
I run the stock rears: PSS 295x30x20... I would never run runflats as those tires are much heavier. You have a reasonable amount of options for a 305x30x20 tire but not in PSS... yet.

As for the R8 there is no comparo in handling- the cars have completely different characteristics and rightfully so. They are two different categories of cars. The M6 is the luxo gt cruiser that can actually handle pretty well with good chassis feedback, steering, suspsension but still is a big car and its weight shows in the high speed turns.

The R8 is a true handling sports car, much more neutral and solid in turns. The magenetic suspension is amazing but Im sure you knew and expected this. The M6 does serve its purpose as a GT cruiser and has its advantages in other departments over the R8 but not in handling..... ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarafin View Post
Could we get 305's on the standard 20's?

Scar
We can do 305x30x20's but the PSS is not out there. Scanning TireRack I only found Bridgestone's and Pzero's.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0