12-14-2014, 12:21 PM   #19
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Let's clear up a couple of things.
1) Unless the cars are racing side by side, you can't go throw out "ABC posted a 2.5 second time and so that car is faster than this car" (actually you can of course, it just is meaningless)
2) Your video has the B6 coupe in it. I'm under the impression the B6 coupe is RWD no?
3) Coming back to point #1, the video shows the B6 coupe with a faster quarter mile time than a modified 750 HP M6. It is at 1:09 in the video. So are you saying the B6 Coupe (which we can't get here I don't think?) is in fact faster than the M6 and even a modified M6?
Dude, I really don't know why you love argument! I expected the more logical and mature people in this side of forum! Saying something and insisting on it is not a correct way to treat or prove the concept! Either you are doing on purpose or really don't get the point! First of all the video I posted was the real world info about B6! I had no intention to compare it with other cars in that video. Second, the original discussion was F06 M6 GC when I said current M6 is the fastest.... (BTW the fastest car doesn't mean just 0-60 unless there is new term in English Dictionary that I'm not aware yet)... The M6 in that video is the previous generation. FYI when comparing two cars, the comparison is on the whole car. It's not just engine! The transmission, differential, suspension,... all of these items can affect the acceleration and ET times. You can modify a 500 HP engine to 1000HP, but there is no guarantee that car can put this power down unless the suspension is tuned and transmission and differential can support that power. The point of this thread was B6 and then I intended to compare it to Fxx M6 not E63 M6!
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0