View Single Post
      03-05-2017, 02:17 PM   #6
hirkaismyname
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 CP GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Drake View Post
It would be a good idea to check it out yourself or have someone look at it for you. I bought my M6 GC out of state and had it shipped. I was disappointed to find damages to the leather seats which were not depicted on the pictures. The dealership blamed the shipping company; of course the shipping company denied it. But in the end, after months of going back and forth between BMW NA and the dealership, it was covered by the dealership.

BTW, shipping cost is anywhere from $800 - $1200. At least those are the quotes I received when shipping my M6 from Chicago to San Diego.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M6Pilot View Post
I bought my M6 Gran Coupe new in Greenville , SC. Its for sale, If your deal doesn't go through. It was around a 5 1/2 drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjposner View Post
I think it would depend in part on whether the car is covered by the factory warranty and the seller is a reputable dealer. If so I would still recommend a ppi, but would not be overly concerned. That said, a road trip in the new car would be awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikespiegel View Post
Bought mine in Atlanta, GA. Drove it to Sacramento CA! I've never done the cross country drive and always wanted to experience it. This is probably one of the best cars to do the drive in, ANYTHING less comfortable and it would have been annoying lol.

Good experience to bond with the car, learn it, and appreciate it, as well as the scenery.

Airbnb'd my way through the country, and it was an awesome experience! I recommend it. I was also contemplating shipping it, but just didn't feel like paying 3k for covered transpo, when I could be experiencing allt he adventure for a third of that price!
Hey guys, thanks for the input. Seems like driving it from CA to SC might be cool, but timing is a bit off because of the pressing nature of time for some outstanding projects.

That being said, any idea what a PPI looks like, or how I can get someone to do one for me specific to the m6GC? or are they just standard reports, something similar to what you get from a title insurance report (covered/not covered).

Secondly, the dealer is not a BMW dealer I believe, and it has all my options and breaking 92K for less than 10K miles. Seems a bit fishy bc of price. If you had suspicions based on price alone, would it make more sense for you to make the trek out there and inspect the car in person? Should I get a carfax too?

thanks,
H
Appreciate 0