United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by C's Bimmer View Post
Just get the current model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wristdoc View Post
I just went through the same thought process. I bought a 2013 M3 loaded last April but had been longing for another M6 after selling my E63 in 2009. I thought the M3 would satisfy the need to get back into a BMW but it just didn't on a number of levels.

I was thinking of ordering a 2015 F13 but found a 2014 with all options except night vision. The 2014's are being heavily discounted at the current time and I got a fair deal on my trade and the new M6. My thought process was that if I couldn't get a good deal on a 2014 (or 2015), I would wait for the LCI. I'm not sure that anyone outside of M knows the specifics, but from my discussions with a few knowledgable people, the changes in the LCI will be mostly cosmetic with perhaps a slight bump in HP.

My suggestion would be to try to find a great deal on a 2014. If the LCI is something you can't live without, you can trade or sell/buy without getting killed in the deal. In the meantime, you can enjoy this amazing beast (pic below)!

Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbo View Post
I would say wait for the LCI. The last thing you want is a car you feel is out of date in a few months' time. Although the changes may be minor, you will know that if you had just held on a bit longer you could have something that looked fresher for longer.

And there is always the possibility that some of the newer tech will feature in the LCI 6 and it turns into a bigger impact than expected.

All of you make valid points, and thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, before I can even think of what path I'll choose, I have to find a buyer for my current vehicle, fingers crossed the right person comes along soon
Appreciate 0