06-26-2015, 06:43 PM   #3
daiyanadam
Rep
Drives: 640i xDrive Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokenHands View Post
Gorgeous motor - welcome to the family!

I've had no problems with the reverse camera or any of the surround view cameras. Haven't heard off anything so may be a one-off.

You've not mentioned whether you've got Dakota, Merion or Nappa leather on your seats. I have two young kids in a car with Ivory White seats and gave had no problems. Wrinkling could be for 3 reasons:

1) if you live in a hot/warm or humid country (with Ac always going), you need to clean and cream your leather every 4-6 months or it will dry out and crack eventually - creasing is the first stages. If you've heated seats on all the time, thus accelerates it. Remember less is more with these cleaning products.

2) more likely, you're not sitting comfortably with the slightly offset pedals and inadvertently leaning on one of the bolster edges. Settle into the centre of the seat before belting up. This may be the case if one side bolster on the seat is creasing.

3) Nappa leather is fragile so you've got to be extra careful - no keys, phone, buckles on jackets that can snag or scuff it.

Hope this helps. Drive safely

Hey bud. Thank you for the tips! I think it's mostly because of me not sitting properly. I've got the Cognac Exclusive Nappa Leather with Black Highlight!

Also, can someone tell me why I don't have traffic updates and other perks of a 3G sim. I thought it would be included in my package but I guess it's not. Do you know if the 3G sim can be added now?

Last edited by daiyanadam; 07-02-2015 at 03:21 PM..
Appreciate 0