02-07-2013, 12:10 AM   #114
WhyGeeGee
Second Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC , 2016 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaBMW View Post
Ahh have you driven the Porsche Cayenne and Panamera? Nothing in the class handles and performs as well as the Panamera and the Cayenne.
If you look at the Cayenne Turbo S compared to the X6M it isn't even close on the tracks and the Cayenne is a full blown SUV. Look at the 0-60, 1/4 mile numbers and the X6M is faster but put it on a track and the Cayenne really shows it's heritage.

http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/b...bo_s_mkii.html

Then we look at the M5 vs a Panamera Turbo S and the Porsche beat the M5 on all the tracks both cars have been on. Yes different conditions etc., but we don't really know if it all favored the Porsche. Also the Panamera is a larger car than the M5 yet still capable of beating a smaller car around the track is no simple feat.

http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/b...a_turbo_s.html

The main point is that if you are going to charge more than your competitors like Porsche does than you better beat your competition in all aspects of performance/handling. Not to mention Porsche is always on the top in reliability easily beating BMW, Audi, and MB.

In the 650iGC comparison it is an all round nicer car in design but it didn't beat the competition in handling/performance and is asking for $20-30k more?
I think that the fact that BMW is discounting this car by $10k tells you something about the pricing of this car. Go into Audi and ask about the pricing discount for the S6, S7 and they will laugh at you atlleast here in Canada they will. I doubt they are discounting the AMG much either.
Actually I have driven a Panamera 4S and as I agree that the car handles better than the GC but speed and handling isn't the only things you buy a car for. For some people the exterior and interior are more improtant than what under the hood and in that case BMW wins over Porsche for me also Porsche demands way more money than BMW and I don't think a Panamera GTS is faster or handles better than a the M6 GC and yet the GTS is more expensive.