View Single Post
      02-24-2014, 03:35 PM   #3
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

I think the 650 GC is an amazing car. It looks beautiful when it's standing still, as well as when it's in motion. The response I get from it when I step on the accelerator still makes me grin sometimes. At the end of the day, it is a car that does what its supposed to do, and it does it very well.

My experience with the 650 GC hasn't been all positive, however. I have had a few frustrating experiences with it. From having to add a quart of oil once a month, to driving it with shipping blocks in the springs for 6 months. Not to mention the stock 20 inch ///M sport wheels forcing me to pull a couple of evasive maneuvers to avoid hitting somthing when driving in the winter conditions. I even have a crack spreading in my windshield from a rock that was kicked up from a vehicle in front of me... (at no fault to my BMW) lol.

Ultimately, although it is my humble opinion that the GC is one of the most beautiful inside and out designs BMW has produced, it simply is not my style. I enjoy driving it, looking at it, and pressing her buttons... but I miss the ride height, reliabilty, and winter handling of my former X6.

Most likely, my next car will be a CPO X6M... unless of course the 2015 LCI of the X6 makes my heart skip a beat like the GC did last year, lol... looks like I won't learn my lesson.