View Single Post
      07-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #50
Krazy3281
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 Montego/Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06E90Rostik View Post
Looks like MB is the winner if you don't factor in the price. How I see it is at that pricepoint people don't shop for grocery getters, they shop for performance and luxury, so they are willing to pay for it.

IMHO BMW winning just because it is cheaper than the competition is super lame, you are comparing luxury performance coupes, not entry level mass produced sedans (think 3ers vs C-class in which case price would be almost EVERYTHING).
I think you're wrong. And everyone claiming that the M6 isn't as good as a Sl63 because of speed and weight is wrong.

The Sl63 is a two seater, roadster. The M6, is a 4 seater, GT coupe. They are two completely different classes of cars, but the M6 likely won here because despite being several pounds heavier, seating two more people, it was still able to keep up with SL...granted it didn't win, and it shouldn't have. AMG engineering isn't so bad that a two door, 4 seater variant of a M5 would beat there two seater SL63 roadster.

Honestly, a fair comparison would be if the CLS63 came as a coupe or if the E63 came as a coupe. And I'm fairly sure the M5 beats the CLS around the track and so would a M6.

I am by no means bias to BMW, personally have bought a S-class over the 7 series two times in a row in the past 6 years.

Appreciate 0