View Single Post
      02-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #115
ToyotaBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Whitetintedwindows

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyGeeGee View Post
Actually I have driven a Panamera 4S and as I agree that the car handles better than the GC but speed and handling isn't the only things you buy a car for. For some people the exterior and interior are more improtant than what under the hood and in that case BMW wins over Porsche for me also Porsche demands way more money than BMW and I don't think a Panamera GTS is faster or handles better than a the M6 GC and yet the GTS is more expensive.
In a straight line the M6 is indeed much faster than the Panamera GTS but on a track it is a different story. I think both cars was on Hockenheim and the M6 was only faster by .3seconds. Don't forget the Panamera is a full size sedan larger than the M5 so you comparing a two door coupe to a four door fullsize sedan is not the same. This also shows how much superior the Porsche is in handling over the GC.
Like I said above the styling of the design of the GC is definitely top notch, but the moto of BMW is ultimate driving experience, is it not?
To design a car that looks great is much cheaper than it is to make a car drive great. So the Porsche GTS driving great at that size is not the easiest thing to do as BMW has found out that making the 5er based on the 7 platform has caused critics of it's 5series handling.
Appreciate 0