View Single Post
      07-10-2023, 05:08 PM   #6
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
My honest and very experienced advice is to absolutely buy the car but only if you feel like it is priced in a manner that will permit you to absorb the cost of replacing the engine and or immediately having the engine rebuilt by someone like Raza @rkautowerks. If you plan on toying with the voodoo of tuning and bolt on’s do your future self a tremendous favor and get the forged rods and if playing with the sacred fire of 1000+ HP get the forged pistons.

I absolutely and thoroughly enjoy my car and will stop just shy of the word love, as I reserve that for the people in my life, when it comes to the joy I get when driving this thing. So much so that I am willing to buy two engines for it.

Beyond that, find a superb bmw indy shop within an hour to hour and a half from your home. You want folks that can and will be trusted advisors in your ownership experience. Yes be ready for rear diff, injectors, plugs, coils and turbo coolant lines etc.

You will find an equally enthusiastic, supportive and knowledgeable bunch of owners over in the F10 M5 forum as well. Spend some time in the sub forums reading. Perhaps call the folks at Sales@RKautowerks and ask them if they have worked with an Indy shop in your area. Chat with them about getting the fundamental engine stuff done upfront.

Wishing you much success on your ownership experience.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0