View Single Post
      06-27-2015, 03:57 PM   #16
menacez
Private
Rep
Drives: 640d Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Well with almost the same offset (rim 373 vs 343) the 265 tire is standing 10 mm out inside/outside and for sure any car have 10 mm gap between the inside of wheel and suspension as well as outside of wheels and fenders...so basically no issue.
As far as rear tire since 343 has already 10mm less offset ( 34mm vs 44mm) so basically it sticks out 10mm that will offset the 10 mm wider tire (inside) however the wheels stand out about 20 mm that is ok with rear fenders of 6er... as I said they look more aggressive...
Thanks so based on the above, it seems that the stock tyres from the M5 343M is doable. But I'm wondering why some of the guys didn't do this? Deda (275 rear)/Downfourit (went 285 rear).

I was told by BMW re the M5 343M wheels (with the stock tyre) that "the front wheel will be 6mm closer to the shock absorber and stick out 8mm further than the current wheel (373M). The rear will be 3mm closer to the shock absorber and stick out 23mm further than the current wheel. Personally I think the rear wheels will be sticking out too far"

Here's what happened when they tried to put 433M (rear right view). I understand its a different offset to the M5 343M but BMW said it would stick out the same amount!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0