07-20-2010, 02:41 PM   #20
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Honestly I don't even notice the chrome window trim. I am too busy enjoying the car. Well, that and the chrome window trim is a minor detail that easily gets masked by the fact that its not a silly looking 1 series.
People always miss the M Coupe, come on, if you want an easy target, it doesn't get much easier.

I just used the window trim as an example of BMW half assing the hardtops on the E93, how hard could it really be to ship some Shadowline trim to the factory that does the folding hardtop?

My wife (who drives the 135i) originally wanted a convertible, started out looking at the 335i, didn't like the roof, changed to looking at the more conventional 135i convertible, didn't like the small back seat and somehow ended up with the 135i coupe, right where I would have preferred her. Lucky me, I guess.

I will say that while I have absolutely no interest in the 6er, or especially the 6er convertible, I do think it looks better and fits the clientele better with a soft top.

By the way, no hate here for the E9x M3, I'd like to pick up an ED E90 before the disappear, at least if myself and the wife find ourselves needing a proper car.
Appreciate 0