View Single Post
      02-07-2016, 06:53 PM   #4
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkuznetsov92
How big of a difference is there? I currently have an M4 and I am getting into a M6 GC. I didn't opt to go for the B&O, how big of a difference is there? Is it similar or better than the HK in the M4?
Simply going from a convertible to a fixed roof will be a difference.

I've had a mixture of F06, F10, F12, and F15 with different audio systems. In some, the old Premium Hi-Fi (what was BMW Individual Sound with Enhances Bass) was very good, especially in the F06, and terrible in the F12. B&O in F06 was better at its limits than the Premium Hi-Fi, but below that, hard to distinguish with the audio sources I use. HK in F15 wasn't very good period (Interior Volume was greater than the speakers were capable of handling is the best way I can describe it). F10 is a coin toss. I had a loaner 550i with HK for a while and never found myself missing B&O. But once back with my car, didn't miss the HK.

As dumb as it sounds, try to test each system with the same song using the same source. I personally use Billie Jean by Michael Jackson. It covers the full range and will always highlight the lackluster areas of a sound system.
Appreciate 0