United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjule1111 View Post
On my 2014 I made it brighter but no option to change color
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamvanja View Post
It can be made brighter, but don't expect miracles. It's still pretty dim.
@ Bigjule1111: You don’t say which software/app you’re using...but if you have Bimmercode...you need the NBT iDrive and you need to go into EXPERT MODE to change the colors. It should be easy to find the parameters you need to look up and change because the topic has been discussed enough that a simple google search with a few key words should give you results. Try something like BMW interior ambient light color change”...or google for one of the BMW coding forums. Make sure you are looking at instructions for the same iDrive version you have in case the module and/or parameters are slightly different than what you have. I believe your 2016 will have the interior and exterior lighting controlled by the BDC. Some BMWs like 3 & 4 series may use the FEM or FRM module...so their coding parameters would be slightly different.

@ iamvanja: you wrote it can be made brighter but don’t expect miracles...which made me laugh a little. I guess that’s why the option is called AMBIENT lighting. I know some owners seem to prefer an almost laser light show inside the cabin (I’ve seen some of your pics )...but the options was probably intended to be subtle/low-key/unobtrusive lighting...thus it was given the name/terminology of “ambient”.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 08-17-2020 at 08:34 AM..
Appreciate 0