View Single Post
      12-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #1
cleanGC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 640i Gran Coupe Xdrive

Just purchased a 2014 Gran Coupe

I recently totaled my 2013 X5M (no serious injuries thank god) and thought what would be the best way to get into another sports car and not jeopardize space for my wife and baby boy? So I went and ordered the 2014 640i Xdrive GC M sport in sapphire black metallic and read Napa leather interior. Unfortunately the vehicle won't be here for another 3 to 4 weeks none the less I went ahead and already ordered custom BC forged wheels (20x9.5 front and 20x11 rear) and H&R springs. Don't get me wrong I love the 20's that the car is coming with but wanted even more of a aggressive stance.

So the question I have for you all is when ordering my springs the guy told me that H&R does not make springs specifically for my car but the one they have is for the 650i GC which has the same spring rate as the 640 and that it should work just fine. I'm sure it'll be fine since he is a very knowledgeable BMW tuner around my way, I just wanted some opinions and thoughts if anyone else tried this, or if there are negative repercussions of doing this drop with the springs?

Btw ill put up pics as soon as I take delivery of the car and keep you guys updated with the modding process.