southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
And even though I'm always chiding my partners about their weight, I don't dislike their corpulence so much that I would want to squeeze one of them back there. In my 3er, a normally sized person can sit there in comfort -- there's a decent amount of leg and shoulder room -- even for a longer ride (say a couple hours).
I only put small people in the back seat. I don't want hair touching my alcantara headliner, and I once put a *ahem* corpulent person back there and nearly had heart attack while this less than agile person was grabbing and holding onto various parts of the interior and his feet kept hitting the exterior body panels below the door opening and the door sills. I know the practical purpose of door sills is to act as a protective plate, but not in my car... If I had to put people in the back on a regular basis I think I'd die an early death just from the stress of it.

I believe the 1er has more rear legroom than the 6er. When I was driving one at the PC I was shocked at the space in the back of that car.

There is plenty of front legroom, and the trunk is huge for a car in this class. I'm glad they did this rather than sacrificing either of those for the sake of rear legroom.
Appreciate 0