southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
My local dealer sent me a e-mail promoting $15K off his '12 650 coupes. I would get closer to 16K off with the current $2500 option credit. Add to that he would install the 373m wheels I want NO CHARGE. Roughly $1600 more discount. So I am talking $17,500 off.
Now the one he has is close to what I want - except wrong interior color and no HUD. And I know the '13 is improved. ( engine increase, soft close doors, stop/start) But man that is really tempting - hell a '12 is not exactly dog food !!
Wow! Now that's the kind of incentive I'm talking about. Idk what I'd do if given that option. The increase in power, soft-close, shadowline, etc. aren't necessarily worth $17,500 to me. However, I think I'd be haunted by the fact that I compromised and wonder "what could have been" for the entire time I drove the car. I suppose I'd have the extra $17,500 keeping me warm at night to drive away those dreams. Tough decision... I'm still regretting skipping B&O and top-view cameras, and those are small regrets compared to the potential situation you're describing.

Are they saying $15,000 off of any 2012 or a specific car/cars on their lot? If it's too specific, then I'd question the mileage and whether it's been driven hard as a test car for the last year. If it's any 2012, I'm wondering if they could trade with another dealer if someone else had a car closer to the customer's liking. I think any dealer would be happy to be rid of a 2012 at this point in time, so maybe they'd still give you the $15,000. Idk, I'm just thinking out loud here.

I could maybe accept an Ivory instead of black interior for that kind of savings. I'd still strongly consider giving up the extra power and soft-close for that money. The things I wouldn't compromise on are:

1. Exterior color (I'd consider CB, AW, DSB, or SG).
2. Full LEDs - yes, they're THAT important to me as I think they completely change the look of the car.
3. M Sport - a little bit of reason #2, but, more importantly, I could not go with the non-M Sport exhaust now after knowing the difference.
4. Nappa Dash - this changes the overall feel of the interior to me. Honestly, without this option I think I'd save $30,000 and buy an M3 as the interior and lack of options are my biggest issues with the current one (note: I'm comparing the M3 to the 6er's interior. I think the M3 has a nice interior compared to a lot of cars, but it isn't on the same level with the 6er. The improved performance of the M3 doesn't make up for that discrepancy for my daily driver).

Like you said, a 2012 isn't dog food, and I'm very happy with my current 2012. I just don't think I could take the 2012 at this point in the cycle knowing what I know about the 2013. It is after all a $100,000+ vehicle, so $17k isn't very much when you put it in the context of the grand scheme of everything.
Appreciate 0