United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Garage List
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMC Pro Machine  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by okolisr View Post
i just noticed that customers in Canada can already order Tanzanite Blue as a STANDARD option, for the SAME $800 PRICE AS THE OTHER STANDARD METALLIC COLORS -- no extra charge! (see www.bmw.ca configurator). This is almost exactly the same car that US customers will be driving. Even in the US, Tanzanite Blue is also already a standard option on the M6 (without ordering the whole Individual Package).

Surely it is just a matter of time before this Tanzanite Blue option comes to the US 3-Series also -- hopefully later this year. The same thing applies to the M-Sport Brake option, which costs $350 in Canada.

Please listen to us BMWNA! Your US customers are going to be patient and wait for the colors and options we really want, not just order what is available today.
Keep in mind though, that our neighbors to the north pay significantly more for the same car and the packages / options are bundled quite differently than in the U.S.

As for the 6er, Tanzanite is an $1,800 option in all circumstances where it's available for us 'Muricans. Click here for an example on the M6 Coupe.)

Whilst it's possible that BMWNA could re-arrange the color charts at some point, I'm not holding my breath. The 3er's color palette already has Imperial Blue, and Tanzanite is really close. If it did come, I could see it being offered as an Individual color on the F80 M3.

Those of us who really want non-standard options (i.e. Saddle Brown on the M-Sport anyone?) are probably going to have to wait until BMW ramps up production and decides how steep the molestation... errr... "Individual" charge is going to be.
Appreciate 0