04-04-2008, 07:38 AM   #50
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewtheBassman View Post
Hi Guys,

Thanks for making this thread interesting!

I have been swamped the last couple of days.....working - AND helping out a bit with the details on the house building.

They put the drain in yesterday, tamped the sand down today, and I think this evening they poured the cement for the front steps and the garage floor! I also instructed the plumber where to put my hose outlet (next to the garage sink).

I'm looking madly at different cabinet arrangements...I really like that Closet maid setup, but I think I need to make a trip to Home Depot to see if they sell ALL the parts.

Most of the best stuff comes from the US, and they are picky about shipping to Canada.
AHHHHHHHHH! I have a spigot/hose outlet in my garage, came with the house. The paint on the sheetrock around the spigot is trash, I guess from spraying from the hose attachment. Replace your hose plastic washers regularly.

A couple months ago, I had a plumber add a spigot to my house, outside the garage, between 2 of the garage bays.

Two weeks ago, when another plumber came, I asked him how much to add hot water to that outside spigot - $240, and the drywall in the garage is still open from the last plumber.
Name:  hot-and-cold-outdoor-faucet.jpg
Views: 2292
Size:  4.7 KB
http://www.luxuryhousingtrends.com/a...oor_faucet.php

I'm seriously considering doing this; maybe with a few more estimates, I can find someone cheaper. $240 too expensive.
Appreciate 0