Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico1 View Post
Gents,

Really appreciate the insights and the welcome to the forum.
Always loved Bimmers and after I ticked off my GT3 from my bucket list I always wanted to add a BMW M model to my stable.

So for the last couple of hours I have been reading quite a bit and together with your comments had an epiphany.

Color-I will not go with Frozen. Am going with Silverstone Metallic exterior which is a beautiful silver. My thought is if I want to ever go matte I can pay $3000 and have it wrapped. As I said I love the white contrast with black in the cockpit but agree, all black is classic , easy and carefree. I am anal too and would obsess about getting the seats dirty or ruining them, so white is out.

Now to options. As I said the only option I really think I would consider (in general I order cars with little or zero options), would be the B & O stereo but in reading a lot more about it I may skip it.

Aftermarket I could put in a scary system with Alpine head unit, Infinity Kappa Perfect separate's up front and 6 1/2's in back with 2 separate Focal amps driving them and it would be amazing. But...but..do I really want to "open her up" and install all that tech aftermarket? I just don't know. I am so obsessive, I would hate to take a chance on something happening, even if the installer has done it a thousand times. Something to think about I guess.

Well, thanks again for the insights. I look forward to participating in this forum more often now.
Welcome...As far as putting a system in on your own I say go for it. You would be surprised... these cars look solidly put together and they are but everything usually just pops off so you don't have to worry about fit and finish afterward as long as you take your car to a reputable shop.

Last edited by Hunter5179; 04-15-2014 at 02:26 PM..
Appreciate 0