View Single Post
      09-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #64
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Thanks guys, really appreciate the comments! Loving the car...it's really a stand-out machine in the UK because, well, nobody really buys cars like these over here. It isn't diesel you see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo88 View Post
How is it compared to the SLS you owned? And why you sold such a wonderful car?!
It's very different - some ways not so good, other ways much better.

It obviously sounds very different but to say worse would be harsh....the AMG is very very good in this respect but the M6 is nowhere near as 'bad' as some people make out. It sounds more technical, more modern, to the old-school AMG V8 noise. The SLS also had much more direct steering which made it feel quite go-kart like.

The M6 is much more refined and the interior design, telematics, audio etc feels generations ahead. It's also faster....maybe not in pure terms (I believe side by side they'd be almost identical) but the way the power is delivered means on the road, it's easier to drive fast. Astonishingly, every single person that has seen both cars (without exception) prefers the looks of the M6.

If I was to explain it simply, I prefer the idea of the SLS (but the reality of the M6 (for a daily driver) is better.

The SLS had to go as it wasn't deemed 'suitable' for work! And I gotta work to pay these things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by themetz View Post
The question we all want to know though...is the clock ticking already??
Ha ha....not just yet pal! M6 will be around for a while - depreciation will too much to stomach, even by my standards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
Did I read that you are thinking of changing the other half's MB E350CDI Coupe for a M135? I thought you had an F30 335d Saloon on order ? Have I missed a thread somewhere !
Yes Peter, I had a 335d on order to replace the missus's Merc but there are production delays meaning I'd have to wait until December. And you know me, I'd have gone off the idea by the time it arrived so I swapped the order for one for those pesky M135i's....after borrowing the dealers demo for a couple of days, I was stunned how good that car was to drive so the deal had to be done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfc3153 View Post
A lot of the reviews say the m5 is lowered with cp but the m6 not. Is this right? Also the cp wheels 601M are the same width as the 343M wheels. Once again congrats on a great car!
Correct, the M6 is already lower than the M5 so isn't lowered further with the CP.

I believe the 601M's are 1/2 inch wider than the 343M's - they certainly look wide on the car and it has a great stance although the concave design probably enhances the width somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post
Or it's possible that since his previous M6 was a very, very early 13' build that would explain the drastic change but a current non CP versus CP maybe not that much......

-Bond
Tis is probably correct as my '12 M6 was a very early 'launch model'. There may be little difference between '14 non-CP and CP but the CP does have a totally different rack even compared to the '14 models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanQS View Post
Deeply gorgeous Andrew

By any chance, were you parked on a motorway service station - with the mandatory three empty spaces on either side of the car, - on the M6 northbound somewhere around Junction 21 on Friday?
Hey Alan....thanks! And no, that wasn't me on the M6! Wow, this must mean someone else has over here actually has an M6?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFan View Post
Yes, my non CP '14 M6 has a butterfly valve in the outer tail pipes. It's not as visible from behind, but is visible from under the car.
Fair enough, must have missed it on my last one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak1986 View Post

Between, thats Sytner Nottingham at the background!
It certainly is...they've actually been very good and have bent over backwards to look after me
Appreciate 0