View Single Post
      06-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
ARCuhTEK
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M6 Coupe - Indy Red

Hello from Asheville, NC - new (to me) M6 owner

Hello everyone, from Asheville, NC. I hope this area is okay to post a first and introductory post from a new member. The off-topic forum area, did not have any sub area for new members or a quasi welcome wagon area (lol).

I have just purchased a 2008 M6 coupe, in Indy red, with black interior. This car has been one of my favorite BMW's for years and I am happy to finally be able to own one. Though it is not my first BMW, it is already my favorite and I already like it better than my formerly owned Porsche Cayman S. It is the perfect balance of sporty, meaty, manly and professional all wrapped up into one. Plus, my wife already loves it so now it is confirmed we could take it on long trips, something she detested in the Cayman.

Nonetheless, I wanted to say hello. I am generally a very active member of all the forums I belong to and not one to just read. I like to interact.

I have driven the M6 about 150 miles thusfar and am still learning the SMG settings, how to drive it smoothly (or try), snooping the iDrive computer, still looking for the cup holder(?), learning the comfort access, etc.

I already have many questions, so I am off to explore this site further. Cheers to each of you.

Kevin
PS....anyone near me?
Appreciate 0