Superspeed
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
On my 640i test drives I configured the car the same way I have my F10 535d. I have sport set to chassis only to firm up the suspension and quicken the steering and then when I want faster shift times and throttle response I select sport+, the difference is amazing.
Jon,

The power diesel with its high torque suits everyday driving better than the petrol engines. I can clearly understand your choice.

None of my previous cars had electric steering, so the F12 represents a new era. And I don't feel any big difference in handling and response. I ordered the active steering which also involves the rear wheels. This makes the car very stable through curves, but also gives a smaller turning circle than most compact cars (better than my Mini). It does not wizard the car into the perfect city commuter, but it helps a lot.

When it comes to chassis options I ordered the full package which I do not regret. This is a must unless your driving arena is limited to city shopping and kindergarden. It gets the best out of the car and really show the potential in a modern fine tuned chassis.

Last edited by Superspeed; 09-16-2011 at 01:47 AM..
Appreciate 0