View Single Post
      01-22-2016, 05:38 PM   #5
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by devondragon
The bigger question to me is: Since the '14 CP lists at 575 HP, but dyno's more like ~630+ at the crank, is the '16 CP actually 25 HP MORE than the '14, or are they simply listing a higher HP, knowing it outputs more than that anyhow (i.e. shrinking the understatement a bit but not really changing the car's power)?
Personally I think that's it, since according to Sport Auto testings, they all pretty much accelerated the same.

No M5 or M6 has ever gone below 12 sec in Sport Auto's 0-200km test, if I remember correctly, a M5 CP accelerated faster than M5 Jahre (600HP), a M6 non CP had a faster acceleration than M6 (600HP) CP.

Does that meant CP is a waste of money? No, CP comes with suspension tweaks which does help it go around a track slightly faster thank non CP version, despite no obvious acceleration improvements.

Audi RS7 performance model had an obvious improvement in acceleration over the standard model though, performance models have now gone below 12 sec. in 0-200km. Sport Auto had it at 11.5 sec, and Auto Bild had it at 11 sec flat, more than 1 sec improvement over the standard, which is pretty impressive.
Appreciate 0