Collecting dust!
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post
^^

We were watching the same game. No matter how hard they play their defense, they still suck at defense. It's their system; they don't have any system. Their main defense consists of Chandler doing ALL the work, plus a few of the guys going for steals here and there. Bulls had quite a bit of open shots, but they just didn't fall. Korver shot a million times, but Knicks were so lucky none of them fall.

Here's why Knick's defense dropped so much on the 4th quarter: Chandler and Stoudamire is dead tired. It takes a lot of energy physically and mentally to play defense during crunch times. It's a lot more effective when you have an actual system to rely on. D'antoni has no defense system, so he relies on the players to run around and be on Code Red the whole game. I don't think it's the players' fault that they collapse at the last quarter. The bulls were just more organized, even with their sub par offense.
I think you nailed it right on. Anyone who thinks the Knicks play defense simply doesnt know basketball, or haven't been watching them play. They TRY harder against the Bulls but that wasn't defense. If you ever watch how they defend on Pick and Roll you would see that there is a major flaw in their help D. They switch too often when they dont need to on picks. Finally, without Chandler, no one really rebounds the ball. Too often do they give up crucial offensive rebound because they are so anxious to run down on offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
The chants of "overrated" while Lin shot free throws made me chuckle.
The guy is making chump change and on the verge of being cut, got to love the NBA
Appreciate 0