02-16-2013, 11:17 PM   #1
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
Drivetrain Malfunction... Again!

So, exactly one month later I get the same error and scary as #*%$ trembling feeling throughout the car.

I got out of the car for about 25 minutes around lunchtime today, put it in reverse, rolled back about 3 feet, then all hell broke loose. I got a ding, an engine light, a "drivetrain malfunction" iDrive message, the car switched to neutral, and started vibrating and making a shaky noise. I couldn't change to drive or reverse, so I finally got it in park and killed the engine. I waited a few seconds, restarted it, and it started normally and did fine. I was going to go straight to the dealer, but I called and couldn't get a loaner right away. I had to be back at work in 30 minutes, so I decided to hold off. I'm planning on taking it in tomorrow to see what they say.

The same exact thing happened on January 16th. They attributed it to low power steering fluid, reset the system, and topped it off. No idea if that's what's going on here or if that was a coincidental finding.

This is really getting frustrating. In the last month I've had to bring my car in 3 times with problems! I haven't gotten stranded or anything horrible, so I'm not too irate, but this is getting ridiculous...
Appreciate 0