View Single Post
      07-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
I find the rear seats to be completely useless. It is a stretch to call it a 2+2, maybe a 2+1 (with the +1 being behind the passenger seat and the passenger is hugging his/her knee quite tightly - and blocking visibility from the side window). I almost wish they had just made it a 2+0 and left it open for storage. It would cut down on weight, and, more importantly, decrease the amount of leather that has to be cared for. The back is finished nicely, but I think the fine designers at BMW could make a storage compartment that looks as nice as the rest of the 6er.

I've squeezed one person back there on a couple of occasions, but it is a hassle as the seats take forever to move electronically (the only option - this is a big problem if it's pouring and the Nappa on your doors is getting drenched while waiting for the seat to move and the rear passenger to climb in), the rear seats are leather-lined caves that you have to crawl into, and then there is no leg room. When I have my seat set in my normal position there is approximately 1.5" between the seat back and the bottom cushion.

The only benefit to me is the insurance deduction for not being a 2-seater, like the SL, and the ability to fit a third person in the back for a quick trip. Honestly, I'd give up the insurance savings and the 3 person capability to not have to care for the massive amount of leather back there that pretty much acts as a dust collector.
Appreciate 0