View Single Post
      02-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #87
ShawnBoston
Rep
Drives: 2018 McLaren 570S Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal Flash View Post
I would want an M6 over an Aston any day. If you're not self-centered on the image of the vehicle you drive, and you let your automotive passion fuel your purchase decision, you guys know you'd walk away with that M6 if you had the means to do so vs. an entry level AM.

Let's face it, car purchases at this level are hugely subjective. Luckily, there are an amazing amount of cars that can be bought with $125k, so I'd suspect that there is something out there for everyone.

That said, I have to respectfully challenge the assertion that no 'true' petrolhead would choose an AM over the M6. As I said earlier, the two really aren't comparable - I actually think the $225k AM Virage is a better comparison; the M6 looks like a steal compared to that car).

But, for the sake of comparison, I think it's hard to say that a car that can be had with a very solid 6MT, that weighs 1000llbs less, has a great engine, corners beautifully, and has a gorgeous almost-nascar like exhaust note doesn't push a lot of buttons for any car nut.

Anyway, both the Vantage and the M6 are wonderful vehicles, it's hard to think that any buyer would be unhappy to greet one in their garage.
Appreciate 0