10-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #35
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ATPC's

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBB View Post
Thank you so much for the detailed information PrecisionP. As far as E92 coupe considered (and I am currently using) we all know 6 series has less space even its a huge and bigger car than E92.

Thats why I wanted to hear the real experience.

Another question if you dont mind, Id like to use M6 daily. I mean real daily even to go for a supermarket, would that be a problem do you think?

And howmany miles or kms do you think a M6 motor will drive maximum under normal driving conditions? Possible to have around 200.000 kms?

Thanks in advance and enjoy your new princess!!
Hmm i can't comment on the motor. This is my 1st (bimmer, M series, rear wheel drive, over 500 Hp) car. So as you can see it's alot of learning curves I am making and adjusting to. I don't plan having it more than 2 years top anyway and then it's on to the next thing. Maybe one of the M vets on here can help you with that answer.

But as far as a daily driver, comfort wise I find it suitable for the task. I'm used to low profile wheels so I don't find the ride harsh or anything. The biggest thing is that it wants to goooooooo, so stop and go traffic isn't that fun. Also the turbo lag is very noticeable when in the lower transmission/gear shift settings. I haven't played with the higher ones as of yet but maybe this weekend. But when it's rolling the 105mph limit feels like 55mph and still pulls like 35mph. lol