02-06-2017, 11:55 PM   #15
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i GC, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUGOGRN View Post
I see what you are talking about with it not going to deep but until you took an incredibly close up, I never noticed. I think it looks great on your car. I was considering that exact one as well but decided that I liked the one that goes under the M6 diffuser more. Now I am struggling with carbon fiber or body color lip/skirts/diffuser. Not sure if yours is carbon black or sapphire but did you have a tough time deciding between CF or body color? I just haven’t found a car yet with all body color aero parts.
I have a carbon black 640. On my last car, 5-GT, I had the lip, spoiler, skirts painted the body color and it looked nice because it blended with the OE look of the car, especially since the skirts were the entire side skirts, not just extensions. I ended up spending more money in the end than buying CF because painting the separate pieces added another $300+ to the price, plus sometimes aftermarket paint is a gamble. It's really preference but I like CF accent pieces because it gives it an aftermarket aero look, i.e. Vorsteiner, 3D, ACS, etc. For the lip though, CF usually doesn't last very long compared to painted PU.
Appreciate 0