View Single Post
      05-02-2014, 12:50 AM   #63
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC; '16 B6

C

I, too, ordered a 2015 M6 GC. While I did not ask for European Delivery, I did ask for Performance Center Delivery. My car currently is at Status Code 153 - Paint Shop.

Here's the glitch. The dealer sent me a copy of the following response from the Performance Center:

"Dear XXXX,

Thank you for submitting a Performance Center Delivery reservation for [JimM6GC]. Unfortunately, this production number XXXX is a new model or new model year and we cannot offer a delivery date at this time. EPA and CARB Certifications are issued by the government and must be obtained for every model every year, regardless of any change (or not) in the production of the vehicle. The vehicle will remain at the VDC/VPC until approvals are all holds have been removed. The vehicle will not ship to The BMW Performance Center or your BMW Retail Center.

Please inform your client that we will contact you with a delivery date as soon as all EPA and CARB Certifications have been received by BMWNA and the Monroney/EPA and Release holds have been removed."

According to my dealer, this means that I cannot get PCD. To me, the response is ambiguous. One meaning is the meaning given to it by the dealer. The other meaning is that a reservation cannot be completed at this time, but they will contact the dealer when the car is released, and the reservation can be made at that time. Did you get such a notification? If so, what did your dealer tell you about the availability of PCD in the event the hold is not lifted before you ship the car back to the US? Does the restriction not apply to ED cars?

That response from the performance center was also received by member X6DB in 2012 in this thread. It appears that the cars in that case were eventually released in August. If the same happens here, that could have a significant impact on those of us who now have an early production date.

BTW, I do notice that the quoted text given by my dealer omits the sentence "Should the client wish to cancel you will need to submit a cancellation form which can be found on CENTERNET" that appears in the above thread, which lends support to my interpretation. I am wondering if the dealer did omit the sentence, if included in the original correspondence, and why.

Last edited by JimM6GC; 05-02-2014 at 01:37 AM..
Appreciate 0