View Single Post
      07-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #16
BMWMilan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Hey, does your SA have that "instruction" in writing...? I only ask because I am becoming quite frustrated with having to pay for an oil top off once a month. I find that to be rediculous.

If your SA has some sort of Memorandum stating that the 650 should be topped off at the owner's request, and doesn't ming emailing that to you or me, a 650 owner, i would highly appreciate that. I have had to pay for two top offs so far, and getting ready to pay for yet another one. That will make THREE times I would have to take time out of the day, and money out of my pocked to pay for oil on a car with less than 3000 miles on it, and i have had the car for 4 months.
See my reply to you on the other thread re: engine oil top offs. I have no idea whether it's in writing or not.

But the next time the dealer gives you shit, ask for the Service Manager and say this in the most polite way possible.

Quote:
"Ok, I just want to understand ... so you're saying that even though my car is under warranty and has a 4 year maintenance program, you're not going to add a quart of oil even though my engine oil light on, is that right? I only ask because I contacted BMW AG about this issue and they instructed me to bring it in to get it topped off at no charge to me because this is a known issue at BMW. If you are not going to top off my oil without charging me, please provide me your name, employee number, dealership number, so that I may contact BMW and inform them of your response to my issue."
Appreciate 0