View Single Post
      06-25-2020, 03:50 AM   #338
DXfan01
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Ketchup View Post
In my experience, you'll be breaking even... Glad we paid for the extended warranty as well. It was a weird one here though... a 650i vert is a rare car in UK, apparently. I picked up mine way back when 2yrs old with 12k miles for a decent deal and the salesperson noted I was "lucky, even if it developed problems.." (?)

Once the DTMs started, they seemed to have knock-on effects on all of the related bits and I was in for 4 injectors, then all 8, then 4 more, then new plugs, then a fuel pump, then vacuum lines...(repeat some of that) the list goes on. (Not DTM related, but the Comfort Access sensors went, Soft-Close Doors needed looked at, and the windows anti-inch sensors have been replaced a few times.. some window seals as well.)... So, I think the warranty was worth it; ymmv.

But, in UK we are screwed by BMW not honouring the Customer Care Package (CCP) for the N63 engine. Back home in Freedomland, you should be able to get the CCP I would think: So, as I understand it, in The States they'll fix all of the issues at once and you're not going back over and over - as the partial fixes just pass the stress to other parts of the system... and then they fail... all resulting in DTMs.

My Service Adviser has rocks in his head, so I'm sure I won't know anything until after I chase for an update sometime next week. Good luck with yours!
My engine blew and I wasn’t able to get the CCP , but seeing as I haven’t had the car that long I just let them dick me around I guess, and just decided to go with the Extended Warranty I have through Mercury Insurance, and they covered it and replaced my whole engine. Definitely a bummer.
Appreciate 0