02-15-2012, 03:17 AM   #58
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupé - Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
the new M5 is completely muted, except for some gear shift 'farts' as it has been described. The interior is completely silent, except for the fake engine soundtrack that bmw has added as a "feature". You'll need to go to Akra for an exhaust if you want any reasonable sound, bmw even featured it on one of the press cars at an event in the recent past.

Part of the enjoyment of the S85 is the sound, which is intoxicating, and heat warming, you cannot take it away and expect a similar driving experience, i do hope they learn and tune the new m6 more agressive just like they did with the e63 M6 (and please dont add that active fake sound crap!)
I agree.

I would think that the F12 M6 will sound like the F10 M5, so we are in for a disappointment for those who like a decent amount of angry and brutal engine noise rather than dulled out turbo hiss.

BMW know this and the very inclusion of the 'Active Sound Design' technology could be said by some to be a self admission of their mechanical exhaust sound failure with this new engine.

In my opinion this is such a shockingly silly feature to have to invent in order to cover up a basic problem that could have been solved in more conventional ways.
Nitron NTR R3 | StopTech Trophy Sport STR-60 380x32mm / StopTech Trophy Sport STR-40 355x32mm | Bridgestone RE-71RS | ADV.1 | CDV Delete | TMS Rear Camber Arms | RE Diablo's | 4.10 Gears | Euro Headers | RTD REVO1 Short Shifter
Appreciate 0