View Single Post
      12-30-2023, 12:07 PM   #9
Motivology
'14 M6 GC Comp Owner
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 GC Comp

Thank you all who have chimed in. See my responses below.

-DK

JDMSteven

I appreciate your ownership experience on these M6. I knew maintenance is not cheap, and more expensive with M-series from my 640i. I personally think this is one of the best looking sedans on the road, I wish BMW continued this series. Shame they didn’t. Would’ve been nice if they upgraded the engine / transmission before axing the program.

Question, I hear CCB’s do not do well in the rain - true? Not like we get a lot of rain here in AZ but we do get some and I’d like to drive confidently without having to worry about losing control.

I found an M6 GC which actually had CCB’s hence why I asked. Unfortunately we couldn’t come to a deal for a couple reasons.

danielgmanm6

I appreciate your input on these CCB’s. I knew they were costly, just didn’t realize they run up into $10,000’s easily.

MeesterQ

Appreciate your experience. I don’t mind replacing the brake pads as that is standard with every car. It’s the CCB rotors that can get quite costly.

Same question for you too - is it true that CCB’s do not do well in rain?

Jfurnas

Gotcha. That is my understanding too, if it’s well taken care of - the rotors can last up to 100K miles. Love the fact it has zero brake dust. Just don’t love the costly rotor replacement lol.

TinCanSailor

Thanks for your input. Thanks for the link - that is very interesting, have you had it done by them before? I don’t see where they are located?

-DK
Appreciate 1