10-15-2014, 09:48 AM   #42
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack G. View Post
Yeah, you're right. This has been more of a PITA than fun and enjoyment.

I don't know the reasoning behind it, that's what the guy from Megan told me when I mentioned power coating it gloss black. He said if you powder coat it, it will lose its 1 year warranty. If it starts rattling or any of the parts inside the exhaust are compromised, we wouldn't be able to replace it under warranty. Maybe I should call back and ask, what if just the tips are powder coated black and not the entire exhaust? If I still get the same answer then maybe I'll just leave them in SS even though that's not really what I would like

I'm also curious what would happen with an aftermarket exhaust if I brought it into the dealership for service. Would they say anything? Is this something that would void the factory 4 year 50k mile warranty like a software/tune would?

I'm a n00b when it comes to this stuff since I've always done strictly visual MOD's only.
They are saying you will lose the warranty because you've modified it cosmetically, meaning they cannot take it back and refurb it. You could fight it if your just coating the tips, because it would have no effect on the functionality of the exhaust.

Why are you concerned with a 1yr warranty on an exhaust anyway?

The dealership also wouldn't care if you modified the exhaust line. Its really just a cosmetic part. Downpipes and tunes are a different story because the could have a negative impact on the function of certain components.

If I were you, I would stop wasting time and money and just pick an avenue and go with it. Theres very little risk associated with the kinds of mods youre talking about. Buy some Megan exhausts, get them coated and put them on. Done.

|| Vorsteiner FF-103 || BMS JB4 || Meisterschaft GTC || RPI || IND || Challenge ||
Appreciate 0