United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack G. View Post
Yeah I've seen that thread, but that is a 640i, which has a single outlet on the muffler. I also prefer a black diffuser, but the body colored ones are nice as well, I just prefer the contrast

I don't think they used a reducer to get these tips on. Maybe the specs from Magnaflow aren't correct? The Magnaflow inlet tips look like like they are bigger than the inlet tips of the OEM exhaust so they were put on OVER the inlets as you can see in the pics I posted.

You got me all worried now even though I think the inlet on these Magnaflow tips is large than the inlet on the OEM muffler so I don't see how it can cause any issues of backpressure. I am looking into the Megan setup now.

I found a few vids on YouTube, one where the camera is right by the tips:
I LOVE the sound of this. Sounds mean with a nice deep tone.

And also another video shot from the back side rear that looks like it has black tips but it doesn't sound as aggressive

Anyone know the differences?

I also spoke with Megan and they said that if the exhaust is powder coated black then it will lose its 1 year warranty. So as much as I would love gloss black tips, I don't want to void the warranty incase anything starts rattling
Why would the exhaust lose it warranty just for powder coating the tips? That doesn't make sense as the powder coating process shouldn't affect the integrity of the parts? I've got my Eissenman Race exhaust for my 650ix from IND and had my tips black coated and it didn't do crap to my warranty. Not sure what Megan's reasoning is on this one.

IMHO sounds like you're going thru a lot of worry and frustration just for quad tips fitted to OEM mufflers. If it were me I'd just go with a designed and proven set up made for the 6 series yes...even if it meant an aftermarket exhaust IF that was the look I wanted. Otherwise it seems like a lot of worry for naught. IMHO. Watching with interest tho to see how this turns out for you.
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0