10-13-2014, 11:35 AM   #35
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack G. View Post
First of all, the M5 looks great. Love your exhaust tips.

Is the sea of misinformation related to the mentioning of the increased back pressure from the Magnaflow tips?

I am thinking of getting the SS one and powder coating it black (also to get that Megan racing decal off of the tips). If my car was black, then I would probably leave it SS. But I think with my car being AW, gloss black is what I would like. I don't mind that it will get a bit lost with a black diffuser. I am not trying to make the exhaust stand out. I think that the M6 diffuser may not be the best fit for the Megan exhaust since the 650's I've seen with the Megan all ran the Msport diffuser and it seemed to fit that perfectly.
Thanks for the compliment.

The backpressure comment was one, the Megan not fitting the Msport/M6 diffuser was another.

You could always paint the diffuser AW like the standard M6 diffuser and then go with the gloss black tips. Either way its your choice.

I think the Megan tips are long enough to run the M6 diffuser. IMO is looks way more aggressive and unique compared to the standard M sport.

There is someone else on these boards who has made this conversion, also with a AW car and you do not notice the tips as you do in your scenario.

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthre...ht=M6+diffuser

|| Vorsteiner FF-103 || BMS JB4 || Meisterschaft GTC || RPI || IND || Challenge ||
Appreciate 0