View Single Post
      07-23-2023, 01:27 PM   #18
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
Sent a rod through the bottom of the car and currently discussing a forged engine option from RK. Thankfully prices on the forged engines have dropped recently so the price is right on the engine. The timing is a bit unfortunate as we recently replaced the roof on our home so moving the cash is a little challenging or complicated as the money is in the market. So if I take that money now the cost hurts more due to things being down.

The added cost of a unviable core for exchange increases the cost. So this is not the popular option but as of this morning I have kind of considered selling the car as a rolling chassis to someone.
Sorry to hear about your engine from RK, I remember a couple years ago when it blew, I never understood when you were rebuilding you didn’t do forged rods pistons, Even if you leave it stock forged is just making it bulletproof. Sorry to say The stock rods and pistons are garbage , the pistons are made from wafers and the rods made out of twizzlers , It’s called the chocolate engine 😂

I remember shortly after your rod bearing issue my engine cracked a piston leaving oil smoke out the exhaust , I had mine rebuilt with forged CP Carillo rods and pistons , DME stage 3 ,Bluetooth JB4 controlling boost and Meth, CPCarillo rods and Pistons ,SSP Spec R clutch , Stage 3 XHP trans tune,Fabworx catless DPs , Full Akra exhaust 872whp/931tq Built by Texas Pure Performance , I’ve had this setup for a couple years now and did hundreds of 150+mph pulls still running very strong , If you do decide to rebuild I feel forged is your best option,
I know it can be disheartening but any platform with these power levels things can happen , I know you really loved your car and I hope and wish you the best to get her all fixed up
Appreciate 1