View Single Post
      02-02-2015, 11:22 PM   #6
ibimmer954
Major
Rep
Drives: '23 i4 M50, '15 M3, '18 911

Garage List
I've gone from a 335i vert (E93) to 535i (F10) to 650i GC. The 6 is larger than the 3/4 series and can have a much higher-end interior depending on how you equip it. In the U.S., it looks like the 4 is limited to Dakota leather options. The 6 gets you options for Nappa or Merino leather which has a much nicer feel. The layout of the 6 is much more intimate in my opinion. You get more powerful engine choices with the 6 series. A more powerful 6-cylinder or the glorious 8-cylinder. Add on the M-Sport Edition with LCD gauges and LED highlights for more exclusive tech options.

Basically, the 6 is more expensive, has a nicer interior, the best BMW tech this side of the i8 and 7-series with more powerful engine choices compared to the 4.

Compared to the 5-series, I feel the 650i is much more fun to drive. Way better driving dynamics in my opinion. It rides much lower and feels so much more connected to the road. Put it this way, I test drove the F10 M5 and the 650i back-to-back. I chose the 650i because I felt it drove better and a much more connected feel.

But keep in mind the 6 is also much bigger than the 4 series. You will absolutely be able to feel the much bigger car when you drive it. Is that best for you? It's up to you to decide.
Appreciate 0