12-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #22
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
That's the Cabrio that will debut @ the NAIAS in January. But watch out for the media launch which is upcoming.

The next time you see this Monte Carlo Blue Cabrio will be on the BMW stand @ Detroit. Alongside the F30 3er.

Europeans will have to wait for Geneva where it will Premiere alongside the 6er Gran Coupe which will have its world premiere.
I'm confused a bit.... BMW never ships show cars through the auto terminal. They come via air freight and are trucked directly to the venue so this sort of thing doesn't happen, heck they even have "handlers".

What they do ship through the port are engineering cars. The BMWNA engineers coordinate with the EPA and do their own in house testing. For example, X1s have been at BMWNA engineering for years at this point. They are usually clad with some camo though. Maybe the factory forgot the camo for engineering? The car looks mean and it sounds the part- I had one next to me the other day here in Germany and it is loud. Insiders have also pointed that the M6 will be more differentiated than the M5 this go around, but what that means is still to be determined.

I hope they are not launching the M6 cabrio in the same color as the M5, I'd like to see it in a new red; but that's me.

-M