neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels....

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbeemer View Post
Umm, like rusty seats (BMW F30)? :-/

I don't know...interior is decent and all, but for a price that is about 20K more than competition, they need to do better...lose weight, outperform the competition, etc. And how is this a 5 seater?
I actually tested all these cars before picking up my 650i GC. It is 20k above let's say CLS because they offer options such as B&O audio, Napa Leather, rear and side power sunshades, 4 zones climate control, etc. CLS 550 is not offering any of that. CLS offers Designo which is Napa option equivalent on BMW, but there is none with that option on the lot. Also, BMW M package is $4k by itself. Price wise, they are very similar if similarly equipped. Audi is not bad, but ride quality is definitely not its strong point. I prefer CLS and 6 series over Audi when cruising which is what this car was meant for.

It is a 4 + 1 configuration. Middle rear seat is not accommodating, but it is there if needed with proper safety belt.

This is a grand touring class, so it is less of a priority to shed weight. For example, SUV class for the longest time never competes in weight until recently due to MPG concern. In fact, latest Mercedes M class is not in anyway light, and Mercedes were not shy about it.

IMO, BMW is making a very well rounded car. From engineering stand point, it is a very difficult spot to be in because they have to compromise so much yet try to shine on all aspects. I can only say that in order for them to achieve such a solid feel car and still perform wonderfully is quite an engineering achievement.
Appreciate 0