TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_M5 View Post
I'm pretty sure BMW accounts for the error margin for each price market, after all... it is a CHEAPER car than a Rolls Royce.
100% correct but it's not like Rolls Royce's are built that much differently from BMW's. A Rolls Royce factory worker might check a panel gap 10 times and a BMW factory worker might do it 5 times but the labour itself isn't that much more intensive where a BMW worker couldn't do.

I guess what I'm saying is that auto manufacturing has got so advanced where robots do most of the work it shouldn't be hard for labour workers to ensure the rest of manufacturing is perfect. Yeah a M6 is $120k and a Ghost is $300k but is it unreasonable for a BMW worker to check panel gaps 5 more times even if the car is a $180k less expensive?

My posts are just nitpicking the small things but when you look at these videos, whether it be MINI, BMW or Rolls Royce, the bulk of manufacturing is pretty much the same but it's interesting that something as simple as tightening a screw in a MINI, BMW and a Rolls Royce can be so different, that is my MINI is a creaking machine that I have to go in and retighten /adjust screws, BMW's have the same problem to a lesser extent and Rolls Royce doesn't seem to have any problem.

Last edited by TheBingoBalls; 11-03-2016 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 0